Domestic violence is a pattern of behaviors in which one person uses or threatens physical, sexual, verbal, and/or emotional abuse or violence in order to obtain or maintain power and control over his/her partner.
2. Do you find yourself making excuses for your partner’s behavior?
3. Has your partner ever made you feel helpless, trapped, alone, or isolated?
4. Does your partner have trouble accepting responsibility for their behavior?
5. Does your partner tell you jealousy is a sign of love?
6. Do you fear going home?
7. Do you feel ashamed of your partner’s efforts to manipulate or control you?
8. Does your partner accuse you of having affairs or become angry when they cannot account for your time?
9. Does your partner abandon you, leave you places, or lock you out?
10. Does your partner hide your keys, mail, medications, or other important items?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, we are here to help!
Call Brighter Tomorrows 24/7 – All Calls are Confidential